Now that's a good husband!
Hello everyone,
Just a quick update, and some photos! All babies seem to be fine--they continue to kick and poke at regular intervals. :)
This weekend, Jon and I made a list of the things that we really needed to get done. One of the things on my list was to go clothes shopping as I had outgrown my clothes again (for the fourth time, I think). But this time, instead of just poor options, there were no options. If the clothes fit my enormous belly, then they would literally fall off of my shoulders or hips. What I really wanted was a couple of tent dresses in cute fabrics so I could look nice on the rare occasion when I make it out of the house. But I found nothing, not on the web and not in the stores. And I was exhausted and grumpy.
After helping me shop and then realizing that we were heading into crisis mode (you know, "maybe I'm just fat . . . . maybe I'm just too fat and too ugly . . . . " in that special pregnant-lady escalating hysteria), Jon volunteered to make me some dresses. He said he thought he could do it without too much trouble--after all, his mother had been a dressmaker, hadn't she? And without further ado, he helped me waddle into the fabric store, found the maternity patterns, helped me pick some fabrics, and came home and made me a dress! Needless to say, very few of the other things required for the weekend got done, but sometimes it is essential to sacrifice oil changes for mental health.
And here I am in the finished (yes, finished!) product, a lovely green polka-dot tent dress. As you can see, my 29.5-week belly is really quite large (50 inches at the widest spot).

And the back . . . Jon even made an on-the-fly alteration when the back didn't fit, which worked beautifully!

Thanks, Bostonians, for the sewing machine! We couldn't have done this without it.
Have a good week, everybody. Next ultrasound is Wednesday.
Courtney


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home