Wow! They've come a long way . . . .

Noah (blue), Anna (yellow), Mattie (purple)
Hi everybody,
I had a strange day, and it made me want to write about it. I joined a mothers of multiples group when I was pregnant, and when I am not just completely overwhelmed, I attend some of the meetings. This week though, I got an email saying that there was a prospective member who was 16 weeks pregnant, expecting triplets, and would I talk to her? So I emailed her and called her, and tonight I went to a club meeting so I could chat with her in person. I remembered going to my first meeting and realizing that no one there had more than twins and that most of their twins were teenagers and wishing desperately that I had someone to ask questions to. So I went to the meeting and met this very nice expectant mom, and we talked and talked. She had a million questions, just like I did. She is expecting all girls, two identical!! But talking to her made me remember all of the chaos and frantic-ness of the past many months (the babies will be a year August 11!!!). So tonight I was going to recommend to her to read my blog from the beginning, but I was worried that it might scare her. So I started reading it from the beginning. The pictures of those babies the first day just about floored me. They were soooooo small!! How could anybody be so very, very small? And to think that those tiny creatures are the giggly goofballs in the picture above is frankly just beyond my comprehension.
The kiddos are doing so well. They crawl, they pull to stand, and Anna stands by herself for a few moments. If anything, they appear to be ahead of their adjusted age. The occupational therapist grumbles about Noah's back arching and Mattie's poor mouth tone, but even she is amazed that they are doing so very well.
They say "Mama" (really, "mamamamamamamma") and "Milk" (really "miiiimmuumii"), but we all know what they mean. They are still signing for their milk, and the sign means "eat" too now and "more." Noah is the best signer as he is the most interested in food. He will sit with his hand on his tray, signalling for more food like a Blackjack player signals for "hit me." Mattie is less subtle: she just pounds on her tray. They ate ground-up crackers today for the first time by themselves and did well. Mattie was the best there. Noah is skeptical of new ways to eat, and Anna has little interest in food.
My favorite story for the moment is that I went into their room on Monday morning, and Anna had her hand in her mouth. But with her hand in her mouth, she clearly said, "I have poop!!" Huh? I said, "What was that? You have poop? You do not. You're too little to talk yet, and you don't have a poop." But she did. Coincidence? I went in to tell Jonathan that despite the fact that she hasn't yet mastered "Mama," our daughter had just uttered her first sentence and that it was scatological. He said, "Mattie said 'Good morning' to me when I went in so that seems reasonable." Umm, they are just now effectively 9 months old! They don't say, "I have poop!" and "Good morning" yet! But maybe they do. How would I know?
Have a great day!
Courtney


1 Comments:
Love hearing about the little ones!
I'm not sure you guys are keeping an updated scorebook, so I may have to help you out.
Let's see, Anna seems to be ahead in the standing department. Noah signs the best. Mattie's the best at eating crackers.
So who's the best talker? I think "I have poop!" clearly wins out over "Good morning" - especially since it was backed up by producing poop.
Score for the week:
Anna - 2, Mattie - 1, Noah -1
Post a Comment
<< Home