Good grief!
Hi everyone,
Just saying hi. Above we have Anna, Mattie, and Noah. These days, I think Anna has probably a little too much of her mommy in her. She can be stubborn, willful, and grumpy. I remember that my mother once told my brother that I could be "an old wet hen." I really resented her for saying that, but I completely forgive it now. :)
In the picture above, I think Mattie looks just like my grandmother, Juanita. My dad thinks she acts just like her too.
Noah is a big sweetie, these days. He likes to play by himself, putting together puzzles, playing with blocks, etc. He talks a bit, but mostly he leaves that to his sisters.
All of them have shown signs that it is time for potty training. I have read three books on the topic, but none even mention the thought that you might have three (or even two) training at the same time. I have purchased an enormous amount of gear (potties, pants, books, etc.), and I plan to begin as soon as I get home. (I'm traveling for work.) Wish me luck. I'm trying to decide if I need to also include some kind of cleaning device in my gear as well. Let me know if any of you have suggestions.
Courtney


6 Comments:
I have absolutely no advice about potty training but I wish you LOTS OF LUCK! I'm sure you (and the kiddos) will be great at it.
Hmmm -- we have no cleaning device, and Megan has been pottying for about 9 months now, but when she needs to go "pooh pooh" we just try to get her on the big girl potty. That is our toliet with a small seat on top (so it flushes!!)
Oh, but I am a big fan of flushable wet wipes. And while I have no personal experience with it, I know a few people who swear by the "potty training in one day" method.
Really, it is amazing how the main subject of my conversations changes after becoming a mom! : )
No words of wisdom there. I know that you will need to devote your total attention to the topic in order to be successful. They say to take them every 30 minutes or every hour and have them sit on the potty even if they don't have to. You can call it potty time! I don't know if I am the right person to give advice considering that we paid Logan...didn't work, bribed him...didn't work, praised him...didn't work, let him go naked for a week...WORKED! With there being 3 in the mix, I would use clorox wipes to clean the bowls after a poop. I am afraid with 3, they might all have to poop. GOOD LUCK!!
Guys - I'm a friend of Philippa's who is currently toilet training the 3 year old. All I can say is 'good luck and don't schedule too much in the first week or two you start this'. Olivia has been quite reluctant up until now, but basically we're half way there. It took 3 days of tantrums, but she now happily wees on the toilet - I set the alarm on my mobile to beep every 2 hours and now she knows its her toilet alarm. In fact she seems to rather like it. Pooing though, don't get me started. I'm back to putting nappies on her for that as she was getting so stressed about it she was holding them back and becoming constipated. So now if she has to do a poo I'll mostly ask her if she wants to put on a nappy and she'll do it in that. But I know people that found it a breeze and others still battling on months later.
oh, i forgot to add this - here's a blog link to a recent newspaper article on the subject here. Some of the people who posted were parents of multiples
http://blogs.smh.com.au/lifestyle/essentialbaby/
You figure it out then let me know how it works. My three are 21 months and I just got another potty, but it is still in the box. I am procrastinating. . . I don't know if I am ready to add to the mad dashes at the stores, diapers are easy. . . . Good Luck!!
Sarah (AnnaLisa's friend with triplets)
Post a Comment
<< Home