Court and Jon and ...

RSS feed

Friday, February 22, 2013

It's going to be a good day!

Yesterday went well.  I talked to the inclusion specialist for the school district about Noah, and we were  completely on the same page about what Noah needs.  I found out that they had changed Noah's one-on-one aide to a young man that had worked with Noah last year and who is a really smart, great guy.  I went up to the school and talked briefly to the principal, and she seemed anxious about my opinion about changed the aide.  I assured her that I thought it was a great idea.  I then watched Noah in the computer lab, and he did amazing.  He got a little frustrated when the problems got harder, but he managed his frustration in a completely appropriate way.  We worked on the hard problems together, and I even spent some time with Mattie and the other kids, fixing computer issues along the way.  It was extremely satisfying!  I talked to the teacher about volunteering in the classroom, which I had never been able to do before, and I now have a standing gig on Tuesday mornings.  Noah came home at the end of the day with all smiley faces on his report card.  He was so happy and proud, and so were his parents!  He was positively giddy.  I have no idea how long it will last, but I am so grateful that for this small victory.

Today I went to meet with a new personal trainer, and although I'm not sure it's the right fit, it was good to try.  I'll attend a class this afternoon, and we'll see.

Also I talked to a friend about my new business idea, and he was completely supportive and helpful.  I think it is really going to work!!!

So I sat on the front porch, basking in sunshine and happiness.  How strange, right?  Please don't feel sorry for me.  I've totally got this.

(I'm sure I will be a bundle of self-doubt and fear tomorrow, but for now, I'm going with it.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home