A very sad day
It is with teary, bleary eyes and a heavy heart that I write that we lost Jon's mum today. She died after a a long struggle with Parkinson's disease. Jon has been with his mum and family for almost a month now and got to say his goodbyes in person. Please give your thoughts and prayers to Jon and his family and remember this brave, spirited, witty lady who has faced a struggle that only she really understood. I have really too many special memories to recount. I especially remember those where she welcomed and embraced me and made me feel like a part of the family, knowing full well that if her dear son truly loved me that there was a good chance that he would never come back to his home, half a world away, to stay again. Her sense of humor and sense of dignity is a lesson to me, and we will all miss her terribly.
Love,
Courtney


3 Comments:
We are so sorry to hear of your loss, and our thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Love,
Chris, AnnaLisa and Megan
Hi Courtney. I was so very sorry to hear about Jon and Philippa's mum. Jon came to visit us here yesterday which was lovely. It was good to see him.
He told us all the updates and great stories on your kids which we really enjoyed!
Take care... Christy, Tom and Guy xxxxxx
So very sorry for you and Jon....
Post a Comment
<< Home