Court and Jon and ...

RSS feed

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Quick update!

Hello everyone!

No pictures today as I'm too exhausted to find the camera, but I thought you'd like an update. :) Things are going really well here. Both Noah and Mattie are home and doing great. They are soooo adorable and are getting big! I think Noah must be over 6 lbs. now--he makes my arm tired when I hold him, and he's starting to be too big for some of his smaller preemie clothes. Mattie's much smaller than he is. They sleep a lot still, usually three or four hours between feedings, so there are long stretches of calm. During these times, they make little dolphin cooing noises that we hear over the baby monitor. If we go check on them, they stop and look serene. I suspect that they have already developed their twin language and are scheming to overthrow the parents, but then freeze when we come in. They seem to not know about the baby monitors, but I expect the monitors to get mysteriously turned off very soon.

They seem to have about an hour of awake, alert times, which thankfully have been during the day so we can enjoy them. Feeding them can be a bit tricky though. I tried to feed both of them by myself last night when they were both really hungry at the same time, and I still have a headache from all the screaming. :) We try to keep them staggered a bit so that one is hungry before the other, which seems to work fine. I am also trying to get them to nurse, which is very rewarding when it works, but very hard. They are too small to get full from nursing, and they get very tired; also, they are so used to bottles from their time in the NICU that they get confused. When it works though, it is so much easier and nicer than feeding them a bottle that it makes me keep trying.

Anna is doing really well also. She is still on her oxygen, but at a really low setting. She is eating well and from a bottle so she only needs to outgrow her need for extra oxygen to come home. Soon we'll have three babies!! Oh my goodness!!! THREE BABIES???!!

My mom comes to stay on Tuesday, which is going to be a huge help. While we are doing okay keeping up with the babies (for now), the other chores are getting behind. That's just too bad, I think. :)

Pictures soon . . . .

Courtney

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home